Delicious Finally has a New Owner – The Founders of YouTube
If you haven’t heard, Delicious has been acquired by Chad Hurley and Steve Chen, the founders of YouTube. Delicious is asking users to go to the site, login and approve the transfer of their bookmarks to the new owner. Don’t worry your bookmarks are safe and they are working on transition plan specifics right now.
When you log into Delicious you will be asked to approve moving to its new home. See the message below directly from the first time you log back into Delicious.com
Delicious is moving to a new home
Yahoo! is excited to announce that Delicious has been acquired by the founders of YouTube, Chad Hurley and Steve Chen. As creators of the largest online video platform, they have firsthand experience enabling millions of users to share their experiences with the world. Delicious will become part of their new Internet company, AVOS.
To continue using Delicious, you must agree to let Yahoo! transfer your bookmarks to AVOS.
Reasons to let Yahoo! transfer your bookmarks
As soon as you let Yahoo! move your Delicious account, you will:
- Enjoy uninterrupted use of Delicious.
- Keep your Delicious account and all your bookmarks.
- Keep the same look and feel of Delicious as you have today, and enjoy future innovations for the product.
What happens if you do not move your bookmarks?
- Delicious in its current form will be available until approximately July 2011.
- After that, you will no longer be able to use your existing Delicious account and will not have access to your existing bookmarks or account information.
Learn more >>