Animoto is simple to use tool to create videos of photos and videos in minutes. This can be a excellent way for educators to building engaging slide shows, business to showcase features, bloggers to share multiple photos to capture the feeling of an event, or just personal share with family and friends.
Give it a try with the Lite version for free to create a 30 second clip with a few of the free themes. Upgrade for only $30 a year to access the Plus version for full length videos, multiple themes, and the option to download. A Pro and Reseller version is available for those wanting to use them for business purposes with additional features.
I decided to fork over the $30 a year to try out the Plus version to utilize with my blog for events with lots of pictures. After checking out the site more found the educators can get a free Plus account to utilize for their class and a code for 6-months Plus subscription for up to 50 students. I’ll be sharing this with my Educational Technology course.
- Produce to YouTube (easier to share, add to blogs, and drive traffic to your YouTube Channel)
- Import pictures from your computer, Facebook, Flickr, Photobuck, Picasa, SmugMug or their own collection
- Super easy to use
- Lots of music to already choose from
- iPhone and iPad app available for on the fly slide shows
- Easy to share via Social Media
- Educator pricing (FREE Plus Account) http://animoto.com/education
- Editing creates a new video
- Too many winter holiday themes for the Plus version – would love more traditional choices
Sample from the Apopka Food Truck Round Up in October:
Try creating your own today! Animoto.com