I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client.
Family night at our household doesn’t have to be just for board games and movies. We love to get into some family friendly competition with different video games, such as the Xbox’s Forza 4. An intense racing game with lots of car choices, tracks from around the world, and excellent graphics to boot. We couldn’t forget the snacks, so we grabbed our favorite M&M’s to snack on that night. I couldn’t resist the Peanut Butter M&M’s, along with my son, while my wife prefers the regular M&M’s as her snack of choice.
We loved the various choices in cars in Forza 4, from classics cars to modern race cars. The game play was easy enough for everyone in the family. Just remember to make sure the car choices are equal or you will blow away your opponent on the track.
It’s almost time for the latest generation in Microsoft’s Xbox to hit the shelves on November 22, 2013, just in time for the holidays.
Xbox One: The All-in-One Entertainment System (Info from Walmart Website)
- 8 Cores: An 8-core x86 processor lets you instantly switch between a game and your favorite entertainment apps with ease.
- HDMI Pass-thru: Connect your cable or satellite box to your Xbox One and prepare for lift off. HDMI pass-through enables you to watch TV through your Xbox, which makes switching inputs seem almost pre-historic.
- Loaded with memory: 8GB of RAM and a 500GB* hard drive give you plenty of memory for your games, demos, movies, apps, music, and more.
- Blu-ray: Watch movies and play games in stunning HD with a Blu-ray player.
- What it does: From the biggest blockbuster games to the most popular TV shows to the best of the Web, Xbox One does it all. But this is just the beginning. Thanks to the power of the cloud, Xbox One will keep getting better, with more games, TV, movies, music, and apps launching all the time.
- How it games: Advanced AI technology and the processing power of Xbox One make game worlds come alive. And thanks to the power of the cloud, what you do in a game can stay that way persistently. Xbox One’s unique architecture allows creators to build realistic, cinematic experiences of the highest fidelity possible.
- Kinect One: We’ve completely re-engineered Kinect to take full advantage of all that Xbox One can do. It’s more precise. More responsive. More intuitive. Automatically sign in when you enter the room. Accelerate through a game with subtle gestures. Or navigate through your favorite TV shows with the sound of your voice. It’s an entirely new Kinect for a new generation of entertainment.
- Chat Headset: Offers 3x the sampling rate of the Xbox 360. The quality of the Xbox One Chat Headset speaker and microphone have been upgraded to take advantage of the much improved audio quality. It’s also super lightweight-only 44g-with a padded earpiece that can be worn on either your left or right ear, and a bendable, rotating mic boom. You can control mute and volume without taking your hands off the controller.
- Xbox One Controller: New Impulse Triggers deliver fingertip vibration feedback, so you can feel every jolt and crash in high definition. Redesigned thumbsticks and an all new D-pad provide greater precision. And the entire controller fits more comfortably in your hands. With over 40 innovations, it’s simply the best controller Xbox has ever made.
- An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games: After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games.
At the same time as Xbox One is released, Forza Motorsport 5 becomes available for the racing game enthusiast
“Forza 5 is a cinematic automotive journey starring the world’s greatest cars and tracks. Built from the ground up to take advantage of Xbox One and the vast power of the cloud, no game better delivers the wide-eyed thrill of racing.” – Forza 5
Forza Motorsports 5 is rated E for Everyone, which means it’s a great family game too!
A great deal for those wanting to pick up the latest Forza 5 for your new Xbox One along with some M&M’s to snack on. The promo, Buy, Snap, Redeem begins November 22, 2013.
- Buy Forza 5 game at Walmart
- Buy participating M&M’s products (+ Participating products include: M&Ms Peanut 42oz Stand Up Pouch, M&M’s Milk 42oz Stand Up Pouch, M&M’s Peanut Butter 38oz Stand Up Pouch, M&M’s Pretzel 30oz Stand Up Pouch, M&Ms Peanut 19.2oz Large Laydown Bag, M&M’s Milk 19.2oz Large Laydown Bag, M&M’s Peanut Butter 18.4oz Large Laydown Bag, M&M’s Pretzel 15.4oz Large Laydown Bag.) at Walmart.
- Snap a photo of qualifying items on the Walmart receipt on your phone and text it to 811811
- Redeem: You will receive a text back with a reward code valid for a $10 eGift card to Walmart.
Why not get the latest Forza 5 and M&Ms to host a racing party of your own with friends and family?
Want to win your own copy of Forza 5 or other great prizes? Get creative with M&M’s® and win an Xbox One gaming with M pack! Create your own Pixel Art using M&M’s (R) candies and snap an Instagram Photo. Tag your image with #FueledByMM AND #Contest and post the image on Instagram and Twitter.
It should be video game and/or racing inspired to celebrate the launch of the new game Forza 5 (think your favorite characters, race cars, car logos, game symbols, weapons, gaming systems etc). Be creative and have fun!
One lucky Pixel Artist will win a new Xbox One and Gaming is better with M pack including the Forza 5 Motorsport game and a 14 oz bag of M&M’s(R). Contest runs Dec. 4th – Dec. 18th and winner will be chosen at random.
I’ll be creating mine now, if I haven’t run out of M&Ms yet!