I’m always looking for unique ways to edit photos taken on my iPhone. The App Store is always overflowing with unique app for iPhone photographers. Halftone is an app that turns your photos into unique, vintage comics that will make your photo standout in a sea of pictures being posted every minute online. Halftone is more than a simple “photo filter” app, Halftone makes it easy to add paper styles, captions, speech balloons, graphic stamps, and fonts (including built-in comic fonts). Lots of great ways to share your final image via e-mail, uploaded directly to Facebook and Twitter, printed, and even sent as a real, physical postcard through the mail. Even better than many of the app on the market it can be shared with apps like Instagram, Camera+, and Color Splash to give it even more special edits.
- Image editing, including: special effects, cropping, rotation, brightness, contrast, saturation, color adjustment, and sharpening (Powered by Aviary)
- More than 25 paper styles, from crisp and clean to distressed and aged
- Multiple caption styles
- Six speech and thought balloon shapes
- More than 25 stamps (BLAM!, Arrrggh!, etc.) with customizable colors
- Nine unique layouts, including layouts without any captions or borders
- The ability to use any installed font at Small, Medium, and Large sizes
- Three licensed fonts: Digital Strip, Alter Ego, and Billy the Flying Robot
Halftone is only $0.99 in the App Store. How can you pass up a fun app like this for such a cheap price? This could be a great app to utilize for the classroom in making fun comic book style card for each of your students. This could be used in marketing as a tool to promote a special campaign for your super customers. Just imagine the various possibilities.