The Latest Social Media Revolution
- Facebook tops Google for weekly traffic in the U.S.
- 1 in 5 divorces are blamed on Facebook
- 95% of companies using social media for recruitment use LinkedIn
- If Wikipedia were made into a book it would be 2.25 million pages long
These are just a few of the facts from the latest video “Social Media Revolution” produced by Socialnomics author Erik Qualman. He has produced a number of other related videos and continues to update them as new data surfaces.
Qualman is quoted, “We don’t have a choice on whether we do social media, the question is how well we do it.”
A few of the key educational facts stated are:
- Generation Y and Z consider e-mail passe
- Some universities have stopped distributing e-mail accounts
- Kindergartens are learning on iPad not chalkboards
- An education study revealed that online students out performed those receiving face-to-face instruction
Watch the video for yourself and comment on what you think about this Social Media Revolution