This year at Central Florida Blogger Conference (#CFLBlogCon) we decided to do some social good with our social media influence for our local community. I’m going to do my part in spreading the word by spreading the word about 1 of the 6 local non-profits featured each week.
What is “Blogging for Good” presented by the Rollins Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership Center?
It is a social media campaign where bloggers raise awareness about local nonprofits and encourage their readers to enter a raffle. Raffle dollars go directly to the charities. By uniting the social media power of over 250 bloggers, we promise to make a difference! http://www.cflbloggingforgood.com/
Orlando Science Center
This week I’ll focus on another non-profit that has impacted me since I was a little kid, the Orlando Science Center (OSC). I have been visiting the Orlando Science Center since I was a little with my family This was way before it become the grand facility it is today at it’s old location in the same area. It introduced me to science and technology in a way that normal education could not. We now have had are own family membership for the last three year and love being able to visit it anytime we want with my son. It’s the perfect location to visit when the weather is too hot or the rain pours down to have some educational fun. We recently had my son’s birthday party at the OSC and everyone loved it too.
I’m excited they are not only a featured non-profit for CFLBlogCon but our host facility, allowing us to expand to 250 bloggers.
The Orlando Science Center is a private non-profit organization with 501c(3) status. The OSC provides educational opportunities in and out of the center’s walls, including field trips, family science nights at schools and community centers, and other outreach.
The Orlando Science Center is taking a stand in the efforts to revitalize STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education in our community. Through informal science learning, kids can take interest in STEM fields through fun, engaging ways. By simply generating excitement for science everyone can win, as a child takes this new found appreciation and explores it at home and school.
Cocktails & Cosmos – Saturday, September 8 from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Cocktails & Cosmos will allow our guests the opportunity to socialize and engage in an array of cultural and scientific offerings that stem from our Central Florida community. The event has set out to engage Orlando’s socialites in the excitement and cultural relevance that Orlando Science Center brings to its nightlife.
This event will be a high-energy, eclectic social venue that provides a variety of music, cuisine and cultural values merging through live performances and unique exhibits.
Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination Exhibit Debuts on Saturday, October 13
Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imaginationis the first exhibition to display costumes and props from all six Star Wars films with real-world technologies. The exhibit includes extensive video interviews with filmmakers, scientists and engineers, and hands-on components, including two large Engineering Design Labs, where visitors can build and test their own speeders and robots.
Please note – Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination will not be included in general admission.
- Share Orlando Science Center with the community by sharing this post.
- Visit the Orlando Science Center or become a member http://osc.org
- Get a ticket for win the “Blogging for Good” OSC Basket for a $10 donation Get a ticket for this basket now. This is a must for any Star War Fans!
- 4 Open Guest Passes to the Orlando Science Center
- Rubix Cube Stress Reliever
- True Green Life in 100 Everyday Ways – Written by Kim McKay and Jenny Bonnin
- OSC Otronicon “Level Up” T-Shirt
- OSC Coffee Mug/Beaker (it’s got measurements on it resembling a beaker – it’s awesome)
- Command Line Mouse Pad
- 2 Anakin Skywalker Lightsabers
- Star Wars Minatures: Rebels and Imperials
- Star Wars: STAR TOURS G2-9T
- Star Wars: STAR TOURS SK-Z38
- Star Wars 2007 Vintage Coin Set
- Star Wars: STAR TOURS Boarding Party – STAR TOURS Officer, Kaink, Teek, Ree-Yees, Chewbacca (Set is Limited Edition of 15,000)
- Star Wars Destroyer Droid
- Star Wars Miniatures: Princess Leia – Attack on Endor
- Get a ticket for this basket now.
Read about my other featured non-profits:
- Blogging for Good: Valencia Foundation
- Blogging for Good: Spina Bifida Association of Central Florida