I have been a fan of Nike+ GPS App for iPhone since it’s arrived in the App Store. Nike continues to set the bar, not unlike their marketing and other products, as they continue to make great improvements to the UI (User Interface) with feedback from their users.
The first part of the facelift for version 4.0 is the name of the app has changed to Nike+ Running App. This new name defines that app clearly, as you see other Nike products such as Nike+ Training and Nike+ Basketball launching.
- A new navigation layout makes navigating between settings, activity, and profile simple and intuitive. You can quickly start a new run by tapping the Run icon in the top right.
- Clearer in-run screens makes changing your music or controlling your runs even easier. Making it easier to find the buttons to change the music or view your map on the go.
- Track every mile you log in your shoes with post-run shoe tagging. Now you will know when it’s time to change out your kicks before the bottoms are flat.
- Share your runs and get cheers from your friends on Path. In the past this was only available for the Facebook integration.
- Introducing post-run Facebook friend tagging.
- Share your runs on Facebook to see your “Running Buddies” and “Cheer Squad”
- Automatic weather tagging will inform of the local weather after your run. You don’t have to choose the weather yourself.
A few other updates to the app include:
- Compete against yourself with new challenges right on the home screen
- Earn badges and achievements for beating your best workouts
- View your NikePlus.com goal progress
This app is great for motivation and statistical tracking for any type of runner. This app is FREE too! Why not get it now to try?